The Crown is one of the best pieces of period drama which depicts the early life and subsequent reign of Queen Elizabeth II. With amazing actors like Claire Foy, John Lithgow, and Matt Smith, there is no wonder why Netflix decided to invest $130 million in this show.
If you still aren’t convinced, here are some reasons why you must binge watch The Crown:
1. Instead of romanticizing royal life, this show does an honest job of showing the murky side of sitting on a throne
2. Written by Peter Morgan of The Queen fame, The Crown has tried to stay true to historical reality
3. In fact, rumour has it the British monarchs are quite uncomfortable with the honest depiction of events in the series
Love The Crown? Click the button below to get a reminder whenever a new episode airs.
4. The show’s high budget has helped the creators go grand in terms of costumes and sets, making every frame, beautifully detailed and visually stunning.
5. Doctor Who famed Matt Smith as the troubled Prince Phillipe is more than incredible
6. John Lithgow as Churchill and his chemistry with Foy is just amazing
Claire Foy’s vulnerable but resolute Elizabeth is the feminist icon you need now. So get on your laptop and start binging The Crown!